Hattie's House guests are carefully matched with a screened volunteer host home or apartment who will provide a safe, clean, comfortable place to stay. Hattie's House is not required to provide transportation or meals.
You are eligible to be a Hattie's House guest if you:
- Live more than 50 miles from the treatment facility.
- Have a permanent home to return to after your stay.
- Is an important support person for the patient.
- Are a patient in active treatment (at least 1 appointment/week) or are an integral support person for the patient.
- Are not likely to put the host family at risk.
- Is not moving to San Diego or Sacramento area permanently.
Hattie's House requires all patients staying in a host home to be accompanied by another guest.
- Complete a housing application, either online by clicking the link below, or by calling us at (858) 204-1709 and speaking with a staff member.
- A staff member will call you to verify your application has been received.
- We call the references that you provided.
- We contact you to reconfirm your need for housing after the reference check is complete and cleared.
- We place you with a host home or apartment. We provide you with the host’s name, phone number, address, and approximate distance from the host home to your treatment facility. It is your responsibility to call the host directly and make arrangements for your arrival. If we are not able to match you with a host, we will refer you to other housing options in the area.
- Upon your arrival at the host home, you will receive a Welcome Packet that includes a donation envelope.
Online Application Click Link
- We will then call each personal reference you provide. If we are not successful in getting a response after three attempts, we will ask you to provide a new reference. In order to expedite the reference check and the processing of your application, we suggest that you:
- Notify each reference in advance, provide some information about Hospitality Homes, and explain why we will be calling.
- Ask each reference to call Hattie's House directly.
- We will contact you to reconfirm your need for housing after all references are cleared.
Confirming A Stay
- Although you may submit an application at any time, our host families often can't confirm their plans until closer to your arrival date. We do our best to confirm your housing placement as soon as we heard from a host or a apartment becomes availble, however the timing is not predictable.
- Placing you with a host family may take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. As soon as we find housing for you, we will call you and provide the host’s name, phone number, address, and approximate distance from the host home to your treatment facility. It will then be your responsibility to call the host directly and make arrangements for your arrival. If we are not able to match you with a host, we will refer you to other housing options in the area.
- To help us serve more families in need we ask you to consider making a donation of $20 per night. Make a donation online (click link below) today or fill out the donation envelope in the Guest Welcome Packet at your host home.
Share Your Story
- We hope you will share your story with us. Please leave us your testimonial in the plain piece of paper provided to you in the Guest Welcome Packet or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share your experience on our facebook page.